Friday 12 August 2011

Messenger Chat Transcripts

Transcript 1

WARNING: Transcripts of all conversations are saved. They will only be read with permission from the headmaster.

ON-LINE: Abros, Contra

CONTRA
Morning, sweetheart!

ABROS
Literally never call me that again.

CONTRA
Lol!

ABROS
No, don't do that either.

CONTRA
You're no fun. Still fancy that drink tonight?

ABROS
Dying for it. Glass inisisted I finish all the kids' psych reports before knocking off.

CONTRA
Funny, she's not hassled me about 'em.

ABROS
Bet she leaves your class until last. The stressful ones.

CONTRA
Aw, they're alright. Apart from Kelly Robinson, the cow. She keeps attending my classes in the wrong order.

ABROS
Time-travellers for you. I take it Rhian's still not speaking?

CONTRA
Only to Mike. I can't work it out.

ABROS
Any clues in what she says to him?

CONTRA
He says it's just kids' stuff. Relationships and fears and that.

ABROS
Do you think he's told her he's gay?

CONTRA
Bet he has. Has he come out to you?

ABROS
No. I've tried giving him subtle chances.

CONTRA
You're not camp enough. Turn up in a tiara next week.

ABROS
I hate camp.

CONTRA
You love me.

ABROS
Shut up.

CONTRA
The thing I don't understand is, Rhian knows her way around this place.

ABROS
So?

CONTRA
No-one knows their way around this place! She's the only pupil I know who's never gotten lost in the underground corridors. And she doesn't talk, so she isn't asking anyone for directions. How does she do it?

ABROS
And she's still not using her powers in class?

CONTRA
That's if she has powers at all. We're only taking the headmaster's word for it, because He Must Be Obeyed.

ABROS
He can read these messages, you know.

CONTRA
Let 'im. Hello, sir. Hope all is well. Let's meet up for a chat some time. Oh, no, I forgot - you don't do chatting, do you.

ABROS
Mate, seriously. Bit of professionalism.

CONTRA
That's why he wants Rhian here. Find the only human being in the country more antisocial than he is.

ABROS
Hang on. Mike uses this messenger all the time. I've seen him.

CONTRA
Okay. Does that help?

ABROS
Well - who would he be talking to?

CONTRA
He's got loads of mates! Could be anyone.

ABROS
Yes, but there's a chance he's talking to Rhian, isn't there?

CONTRA
Suppose.

ABROS
Work it out! We could ask the headmaster for logs.

CONTRA
Veto! You can't go prying into the kids' messages.

ABROS
We'll ask the kids first, then. We'll ask if it's a problem. That way, maybe Rhian will finally talk, if only to stop us getting the logs.

CONVERSATION ENDS

*

From: Contra

FAO: The Headmaster

As discussed, I officially request the chat log from the account of Rhian Lewis - from her conversation with Mike Scale last Wednesday. I have spoken to both of them, and neither had any objection to the logs being seen, as long as they aren't read by anyone other than you, Abros and I.

Hopefully, this will give further insight into the mind of our quietest pupil.

Also, I officially request the chat log between Abros and me from our conversation last Friday. Please ignore comments regarding the headmaster in this log, which were typed by a mysterious figure while I went to get some crisps.

*

Transcript 2

WARNING: Transcripts of all conversations are saved. They will only be read with permission from the headmaster.

ON-LINE: Rhian, Death Quote

DEATH QUOTE
You're online! You're never online.

RHIAN
I'm online a lot. I hide.

DEATH QUOTE
I'm glad you're here, though. How was class?

RHIAN
I learnt a lot. It made me happy. How was yours?

DEATH QUOTE
Good. Abros said my writing is a lot better. He said it was because of my diary, but I think it's because I'm online all the time.

RHIAN
It's because you're good at getting better.

DEATH QUOTE
Thanks. I was distracted in class, though. You know Daniel Fisher?

RHIAN
I do. He heals people when he sings.

DEATH QUOTE
Yeah, him. I want him so much I could cry.

RHIAN
He is very handsome. You should talk to him.

DEATH QUOTE
No way. But I sit behind him sometimes, and it's brilliant.

RHIAN
He would be very lucky to have you.

DEATH QUOTE
He's too cool. I couldn't talk to him.

RHIAN
I could give you Teddy for luck.

DEATH QUOTE
No way! I mean, no way am I talking to Dan Fisher with a teddy bear, but seriously - you'd give me your bear?

RHIAN
Teddy is important. If you had him, you would be important.

DEATH QUOTE
Doubt it. I'd feel stupid, and I'd accidentally say something about his mother and break her leg with my stupid spell powers.

RHIAN
Alright. However, whenever you feel you need Teddy, you must ask.

DEATH QUOTE
That's an honour. Who else would you give Teddy to?

RHIAN
Only those I trust.

DEATH QUOTE
Anyone else in the school?

RHIAN
Never.

DEATH QUOTE
Anyone else in the world?

RHIAN
Chronal of the Scribblers.

DEATH QUOTE
Wow, I'm in an exclusive club, then.

RHIAN
He is coming.

DEATH QUOTE
Sorry? Chronal?

RHIAN
One day, he is coming to the school, with the rest of the Scribblers. We will see who he trusts.

DEATH QUOTE
Cool. Visit from the Scribblers!

RHIAN
It will not be a good day. But we will be safe.

DEATH QUOTE
Right.

RHIAN
And I will give him Teddy.

CONVERSATION ENDS

1 comment:

Quoth the Raven said...

Rhian is fucking awesome. And Teddy. Is Teddy female? My sister had a teddy called Teddy (and I'm mighty suspicious of her now) and she was female. She had an over-sized head that we could never fix, and was excellent. (Teddy, not my sister, although much family satire could be feasibly inserted here. Especially after I talked about the brick thing last time. Are you just writing this to be my therapy?)

Anyway; Rhian's fucking awesome, and has given me more of clues that this school is Evil. I knew it. It'll all be revealed one day, oh yes, and I will have been right. Very sweet conversations, though, both between teh kids and teh gays, and of course, since it's just one big script which is a format you're extremely good with it feels like you're back on form, all four cylinders and all that. The opening made me laugh muchly, as did the email to the headmaster. And the ending made me go "Awwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwww" like some sort of romantic or something.

Very much looking forward to the full script, though, working title: The Day The Scribblers Found Out About That Evil School. Quickly, please.