Wednesday 15 June 2011

Mike's Diary

My name is Mike. This is my book. I was given it by a man. The man’s name is Abros and he is my teacher.

I’m not very good at writing I don’t think but Abros thinks it will be good for me. There are things I can’t talk about and Abros said I should write them down instead.

I don’t know what to write so I’ll talk about me.

I am fourteen years old. I am from Cardiff. I lived there with my dad and sister. I didn’t like it there. My dad hates me. I didn’t like school either. I didn’t have friends.

I have a magic power. I hate it. If I say someone’s name they die. Two people and a cat have died because I said their names. I didn’t mean to kill them. After I killed a policeman, I was sent to see a special policeman who said he could help me.

Now I am in a different school which is not really a school. Everyone here has magic powers but most people have better powers than me. Abros can use magic words to make spells. If he says “protect” it makes invisible shields. If he says “flight” it makes him fly.

But Abros told me he accidentally killed someone too. He said a bad word and killed a man. The man was a murderer so I don’t think it is as bad. But Abros said he was really upset about it and that he had to learn it was not his fault because he didn’t mean to kill him.

Abros is teaching me to use my magic power. If I name someone I kill them. But if I describe them or use a nickname it hurts them. He is teaching me to work out how to describe people so I can use my power to fight. That's why he gave me my book. I need to be a better writer.

Also when I'm writing it means I can use people's names and describe them and it doesn't hurt them.

Everyone is nicer to me in this school. There are no bullies. Sometimes people eat with me at lunch and we watch films together.

My best friend is called Rhian. She is fourteen like me. She says she can travel through time. She has a teddy bear which she takes everywhere with her but nobody knows why. She doesn’t talk to anyone else. She only talks to me. Her teacher is Contra and he asks me about her a lot. They think she's stupid but she is the cleverest person I've ever met. She calls me Death Quote.

I like this place and I like Rhian. I like Abros and Contra. But I am still sad because I miss my sister and even though Abros says I didn’t really kill her I think I did.

2 comments:

Quoth the Raven said...

So, Mr Bond... someone is building their own Scribbler team, no?

Rhian is called Rhian Wildbasil. She travels with her only friend, Teddy. No one ever finds this weird. You are a nerd.

Ooh, exciting, though! Massively so! When will this be resolved? You always leave us hanging for literally years. Will you resolve this soon? Soon? Soon? Will it be soon?

Blossom said...

Awesome! Can't WAIT to learn more about this school, and love Death Quote's voice - so unusual.