Saturday 27 October 2007

Ffion

Right. This isn't too hard. Just a film. Not like we have to talk or anything. Oh my God. We're going out. We are, aren't we? Shut up, Ffion.

Oh, God, what if he changes his mind? He doesn't know me that well – what if he finds out what I'm really like?

No, no, it's fine. I've hidden my Girls Aloud CDs and Tom and Jerry DVDs. Damn, now I have Sound of the Underground stuck in my head.

Anyway, he might like Girls Aloud. Don't be a spaz, Ffion, no boys like Girls Aloud. Maybe gay guys. Don't say that, it's probably not PC. God.

And since when do you blaspheme so much? He might be a Christian. Oh, bugger, you'd better not offend him, or he'll dump you so hard. That'd be so embarassing – dumped after one day. The beat of the drum goes round and around ... Urgh.

Hang on. Who's THAT? I don't remember a midget in this film. Oh, Christ, I have no idea what's going on. What if he asks my opinion afterwards? I ... is that the girl from before? I thought she'd left for New York. Damn, damn, DAMN. Maybe I can phone someone to get me the plot off Wikipedia.

He's probably really into the film. Hmm. I sort-of want to hold his hand. You idiot, Ffion, like anyone wants to hold your skanky hand. Something something with the lights down low ... Stop that. You'll start singing it out loud or something.

Wonder what music he likes. Wish I knew. Then I could change my tastes accordingly. Hope he doesn't like rap. Dunno how I'll ever like that.

Damn, he might ask you about rap. Think. Stephanie likes rap, right? Or is that R and B? Is there a difference? Which one is Fifty Cent? It's the sound of, it's the sound of, it's the- That song's so catchy. Anyway, focus on the film, Ffion. He's clearly not going to ask you about rap.

I want to look at him. But he might see. He's so pretty. Want to touch his face. Urgh, that sounds creepy. Never, ever say that out loud. Okay. I'd like to kiss it, though. Like, a peck on the cheek. How long do you have to be going out before you can cheek-kiss? Hmm, my lips are dry. Better not kiss him yet.

I looked! Mwahaha. Dude, did you just do a maniacal laugh in your head? You're such a freak.

Bored of this film now. Want it over. Want to talk to him about it. Wait, no, not about the film – I still have no clue what's going on. Ooh, was that Brad Pitt? Note to self – read the credits carefully.

What if he asks to come over my place? Hope he does. I can ask Zoe for advice. She's brilliant at all this, I bet. She's so effortlessly friendly.

Wow, this has been the best two days ever. Aliens and ice cream yesterday, film with Dylan today. And Dan's party's on the weekend. I should invite Dylan. Wait, what if he says no? That'd be devastating. "Didn't bring Dylan, then, Ffion?" Dan will ask. "No, he's found out I'm awful company, Dan," I will say. "No surprises there, then," Dan will reply, "but it might take the next guy a bit longer to work it out".

I don't get why Dylan likes me. He doesn't seem to have any personality faults at all. Surely people that perfect don't settle for people like me. Don't be so emo, Ffion.

HE HELD MY HAND! HE'S HOLDING MY HAND! YES! YES! OH MY JESUS GOD CHRIST BUGGER ME SIDEWAYS! Wow, that was extreme. I DON'T CARE, HE'S HOLDING MY HAND! YAY! Did you just say "yay"? YES I DID! YAY!

2 comments:

Quoth the Raven said...

Yay! Dylan and Ffion again! They always make me laugh. Awesomely cool to see this dynamic from the point of view of Ffion instead of Dylan, especially to know how she was totally head-over-heels in love with him, too. The only slight niggle from it is that it makes Stephanie's one and only entry even more fake and un-fitting than it already was - if Ffion sees Dylan as perfect, it's just not believeable that one of her friends would see him so utterly differently. But then, Stephanie was shit, so who gives a damn, really?

Steffan said...

Stephanie has very different priorities to Ffion. As far as Dylan's concerned, while Ffion sees an interesting boy who keeps himself to himself, Stephanie sees a pathetic loner who never goes to parties.

As for Ffion's feelings for Dylan - they're definitely not something she talks about. She puts on a happy-go-lucky front at all times. And she IS happy-go-lucky for the most part, but as far as relationships go, she's never talked about her feelings, and probably doesn't know how to go about it. Hence misjudging the situation terribly back in Defence Mechanism.