Wednesday 26 September 2007

ASBO-Boy - The page 100 catch up.


The story so far…


Most of the ghetto known as the Sandfields has been destroyed by a fire. In the aftermath the ASBOs disbanded.

The Elementals have reappeared on the scene after having their memories altered by the Numbers. The Numbers are a secret union of Others hidden under the Cefn Coed complex by Dr Euryale, the mastermind of the Authorities who control the city and the programme that created the Others.

Flicker is still in her mysterious coma. Gwen, the mentor of the ASBOs, has returned to Cefn Coed to find her a cure. While there she ran into her old boss, Dr Euryale…

Plagued by mysterious dreams for months, Omen now knows half of the story. Flicker has been visiting him in his sleep and preparing him for PANTHEON.

Meanwhile, Squeeze is determined to make things right by breaking into the Cefn Coed complex to save Gwen. Joining him are Vue and Core, two of the original Elemental line-up.

Trivia:

· In Microsoft Word the story has reached its 100th page and now hauls in at 44,219 words.
· The word "bum" has not been used once.
· Including this one, ASBO-Boy is 54 posts long, which makes it roughly two MS Word pages long (an intention on my part).

Workload permitting, I'm going to put a concerted effort into finishing this very soon. I wanted to see whether I could sustain a piece of fiction for this long and I guess I've succeeded. After a fairly leisurely beginning, some patchwork plotting and a few bizarre tangents the story has reached the point where it'll get a fairly tidy ending. I'm happy.

Thanks for reading so far. Not long to go now...

2 comments:

Quoth the Raven said...

Did I miss something major in that chapter with the fire or something? I've read it and re-read it about three or four times now, but I'm still distinctly not seeing the part where Squeeze starts it. Crazy Mr I-stole-my-creepy-son's-retinas-and-now-have-firey-eyes, yes, what with the firey eyes and being eaten or what have you by an angry mob, but not Squeeze. It's rather 'Speedball destroyed Stamford!' when, in fact, Nitro the exploding bad guy destroyed Stamford. I think there's a discrepancy here.

Awesomeness, though!

Jom said...

My bad. You are right. As far as the other ASBOs are concerned Squeeze may-as-well have started the fire but he didn't actually start it.